Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myjunkac2011 View Post

Hello,

Thanks for this detailed post! I am in a similar boat, I applied for my widow mother's GC in November 2022 (120 days after she landed in USA). We received receipt notices for I-485, I-131, I-765, and I-130. She completed her fingerprints on Dec 6th. Quick question, did you have to file for I-94 extension after applying for GC? My mother's I-94 expires on Jan 2nd (01/02/2023). My understanding is that we do not have to file for extension as she is in adjustment of status. Is that correct? Appreciate the help.
    Sorry for the late reply as I was visiting India. I didn't apply for my mom's I-94 extension and as rightly pointed by newacct, it shouldn't be applied for when you have I-485 pending.

Comment

Originally posted by InvestWise View Post
      Hi Rajespriya - did you file g325A at all, either for petitioner or the beneficiary?

thank you

No, I did not file G-325A at all and I believe this was not required for my mom.

Comment

Hi Rajespriya, thanks for sharing information.
        I am looking to file 130 & 485 together for my widow mother. It would greatly help if you can clarify the following:
        1) how many photos of beneficiary did you have to submit?
        2) did you have to include separate checks for each form or a single check for combined amount works ?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by desiramki View Post
          Hi Rajespriya, thanks for sharing information.
          I am looking to file 130 & 485 together for my widow mother. It would greatly help if you can clarify the following:
          1) how many photos of beneficiary did you have to submit?
          2) did you have to include separate checks for each form or a single check for combined amount works ?

thanks in advance.
          Hi Desiramki,
          You are welcome. I had submitted 4 photos of my mother and included 2 checks separately for each of the forms.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rajespriya View Post

Hi Desiramki,
            You are welcome. I had submitted 4 photos of my mother and included 2 checks separately for each of the forms.
            Thank you
            Hi rajespriya
            Did you submit the I-693 Medical examination form while filing an Adjustment of status? Is it mandatory for the parents to complete this form?

Thank you

Comment

Hello rajespriya

I am in the same boat, waiting for 90 days to file the application.
              1. Did you also submitted affidavit of support form I-864, if yes what all additional documents you submitted in support to this document?
              2. So you are saying in AOS, there will be no interview, unlike in counsellor processing?
              3. for govt. id, the passport copy will work, should I add additional PAN card/adhaar card copy of hers from India?

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Rajespriya,
                Thank you so much for all the info you have provided
                Applying for my parents, and I am considering to do it my self. They are here in b1/b2 since feb.
                Is it a USCIS rule to wait 90 days are more to start i-130 and 485?
                what all forms did you have in original application, i130/31 486 affidavit of support?
                did you have birth certificate alternative?

Thank you

Comment

Congratulations!
                  I am in the same boat, I will be filing for my Father. My mother recently passed away
                  I was filling out I-130 and have a few questions ...

(1) in Part 2 where there are questions for the petitioner, "Information about your parents" entry 24a to 35. I will enter my father's information, should I enter my Late mother's information too in Parent 2's information? Should I put Late in front of Mom's name?
                  (2) In Part 4 where there is "information about the beneficiary spouse". I will be filling Widowed for my father in question 18. Then in Questions 21a- 22 should we fill my late mother's information or leave it blank because my father is not married anymore (widowed)?
                  (3) in questions 25a to 28 "Information About Beneficiary's Family" should I fill in my late mother's information? If yes then should I put the "Late" word in front of her name?

Thank you for helping...

Originally posted by rajespriya View Post
                  Greetings everyone, my mom's I-485 was approved on Nov 30, 2022 with new card being produced on Dec 2, 2022! She adjusted her status while in the US on B2 Visa. Just to be safe, I had applied after 120 days of her entering the US. Her timeline is given below and I didn't use an attorney for her filing.

There was no interview for the I-485 application to adjust status.
                  Heartfelt thanks to ST2022, GeoMac and everyone. Wishing you all good luck

Timeline:
                  I-130/I-485 Concurrent Filing under IR-5 Category (EAD not applied, AP applied)
                  All documents were filed at the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox and sent via USPS Certified Mail.
                  Application Filed Date: April 6, 2022
                  Received Date: April 8, 2022
                  Biometrics Notice Date: July 2, 2022
                  Bio-Metrics Date: July 11, 2022
                  AR-11 & I-865 Change of Address Filed Date: Aug 22, 2022
                  I-130 Approval Date: Nov 29, 2022
                  I-485 Approval Date: Nov 30, 2022
                  New Card is being produced: Dec 2, 2022
                  Card picked up USPS: Dec 5, 2022
                  SSN Received Date: Dec 5, 2022
                  I-130/I-485 Receipt series: IOE09158*****
                  Filed medicals with AOS application.
                  I-131(AP): Case Closed (Benefit Received By Other Means)
                  I did check with USCIS over phone for misspelled last name on I-485 application that I had noticed only upon receiving the receipt of the application. I had sent in a written request for the correction of the same and it was corrected promptly within a couple of weeks.​

Comment

Originally posted by sonicview View Post
                    Congratulations!
                    I am in the same boat, I will be filing for my Father. My mother recently passed away
                    I was filling out I-130 and have a few questions ...

(1) in Part 2 where there are questions for the petitioner, "Information about your parents" entry 24a to 35. I will enter my father's information, should I enter my Late mother's information too in Parent 2's information? Should I put Late in front of Mom's name?
                    (2) In Part 4 where there is "information about the beneficiary spouse". I will be filling Widowed for my father in question 18. Then in Questions 21a- 22 should we fill my late mother's information or leave it blank because my father is not married anymore (widowed)?
                    (3) in questions 25a to 28 "Information About Beneficiary's Family" should I fill in my late mother's information? If yes then should I put the "Late" word in front of her name?

Thank you for helping...

1. Yes, you should put your mother's information for Parent 2. I don't think you should add "late" to the name, but you should put "(deceased)" for the city and country of residence.
                    2. Your father is not married anymore, so item 20 should be blank (or "N/A"). You should list your mother under Spouse 1 (items 21-22) since she is a prior spouse, with the date the marriage ended being the date she died.
                    3. I don't think your mother should be listed.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X