Was I misinformed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I misinformed?

I filed an I-485 on January 7, it was delivered on January 11, and a notice of receipt was sent to me on Jan 15. I am adjusting status from F1 and my petitioner is a Lawful Permanent Resident. I am F2A category. Due to illness last semester i didn’t get to take my exams and would need to take them during the upcoming semester. Because of that I had to take that semester off to take the exams I missed from the previous semester. In doing so, my designated school official terminated my f1 visa without my knowledge. However, when I consulted a lawyer I was told my status would still be current since I filed the I-485 on January 7 and the visa was terminated after on feb 11. I had my interview today and the officer said I was out of status and that my visa has to be current up until the date of the interview. I was not denied. I was told my case would be reviewed and that I should do nothing further but they may request additional documentation via the mail. Did the lawyer misinform me or is it possible there is an issue?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X