Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I submit the I-864 form, DS-260 together for Family Based green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I submit the I-864 form, DS-260 together for Family Based green card?

My Wife's I130 Application was approved and Now it is in the National Visa Center (NVC) Stage.

Should I submit the I-864 form, DS-260, and other civil documents to the NVC all at once, or can I submit the I-864 form first and then submit the DS-260 after it gets approved?

Do they (NVC) review my case only after they receive both forms and civil documents?

Thanks

You need to submit all required documents and forms as mentioned on state dept web site.

Before the National Visa Center reviews your case, you must pay all fees and submit all required documents, such as:
    • Petitioner’s Affidavit of Support;
    • Supporting financial documents;
    • Applicant’s DS-260, and
    • Applicant’s civil documents.

Last edited by Borninusa; 10-13-2023, 07:51 PM.

Comment

After I-130 is approved, will NVC send us the next steps or do we need to proactively submit all the above mentioned documents? My mother's I-130 got approved in August and it said that the case was sent to NVC for further processing. I haven't heard anything from NVC until. So wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by SpouseOCIDelayed View Post
        After I-130 is approved, will NVC send us the next steps or do we need to proactively submit all the above mentioned documents? My mother's I-130 got approved in August and it said that the case was sent to NVC for further processing. I haven't heard anything from NVC until. So wondering.
        You wait for NVC to contact you.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X