i-130 for sibling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 for sibling?

Hello, I'm in the process of filing an I-130 for my sibling. She is over 21 and has visited me in the US a couple of times as a tourist on an ESTA visa. (European visitor/tourist visa). My questions is this: on the I-130, they ask if she has EVER been in the US, I check yes, then they ask what her I-94 departure number is and instruct that you can download it from their website. Do tourist who only come here for 1-2 weeks get a departure number? I tried to look my sibling's number up on the website but it could not be found. Most likely that means there isn't one for my sibling. Can I leave that section (I-94 number) blanc on the I-130 form?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Wayne99 View Post
    on the I-130, they ask if she has EVER been in the US, I check yes, then they ask what her I-94 departure number is
    No they don't, at least not on the paper I-130 form. I-130 Part 4 item 45 asks whether the beneficiary was ever in the US, but it does not say if you check Yes you have to answer items 46a-d. Rather, it says if the beneficiary is currently in the US then answer items 46a-d.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

No they don't, at least not on the paper I-130 form. I-130 Part 4 item 45 asks whether the beneficiary was ever in the US, but it does not say if you check Yes you have to answer items 46a-d. Rather, it says if the beneficiary is currently in the US then answer items 46a-d.
      Thank you! I saw that after I saved the electronic version as a PDF. The electronic version is easy to fill out but lacks explanations on what needs to be filled out. Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X