Can somebody explain I797C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody explain I797C

I received my approved EB3 I140 notice (I797C). I am not sure if it implies that I can submit I485? I searched some threads for similar question, but didn't get anything I want. If someone can help to explain, I will appreciate.

In 797C, it indicated,

"This courtesy notice is to advise you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to the authorized representative. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.

The above petition has been approved. The petition indicated the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or She should contact the local USCIS office to obtain Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application, with appropriate fee, to this Service Center.

Thanks.

Originally posted by alexforGC View Post
    I received my approved EB3 I140 notice (I797C). I am not sure if it implies that I can submit I485? I searched some threads for similar question, but didn't get anything I want. If someone can help to explain, I will appreciate.

In 797C, it indicated,

"This courtesy notice is to advise you of action taken on this case. The official notice has been mailed to the authorized representative. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.

The above petition has been approved. The petition indicated the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or She should contact the local USCIS office to obtain Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application, with appropriate fee, to this Service Center.

Thanks.
    I797C is generally a courtesy/informative notice, mostly just a FYI kind of document. You can file I485 only if your priority date is current. Whats your country of birth?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X