Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE former employer

Hello,
    So i will try to explain quicky my problem, if someone can help me understand.

I came to the US 7 years ago with a J1 to train in the company i work for today. After the j1, i did two H1B which i am still currently under. Two years ago, I started the green card application and everything was fine till we received a RFE last week.
    Basically, uscis is asking for evidence that a job i did 10 years ago and prior to coming to the US matchs exactly what my company is sponsoring me for.
    They say i need at least one year experience in the field. Which is weird because i already have more than 7years with my company.

Is that normal? From what I understood, experience with the current employer was fine too. If so, then why would i have to prove something that happen 10 years ago. The job description and duties were not exactly the same so i am not sure what i can do.
    My lawyer say they won't accept my experience with my current employer. Is that normal? I am starting to think that my lawyer forgot to add my 7 years experience to the application.
    I am desesperate. Does someone have advise? I was thinking in consultong another lawyer...

Originally posted by sensei80 View Post
    Hello,
    So i will try to explain quicky my problem, if someone can help me understand.

I came to the US 7 years ago with a J1 to train in the company i work for today. After the j1, i did two H1B which i am still currently under. Two years ago, I started the green card application and everything was fine till we received a RFE last week.
    Basically, uscis is asking for evidence that a job i did 10 years ago and prior to coming to the US matchs exactly what my company is sponsoring me for.
    They say i need at least one year experience in the field. Which is weird because i already have more than 7years with my company.

Is that normal? From what I understood, experience with the current employer was fine too. If so, then why would i have to prove something that happen 10 years ago. The job description and duties were not exactly the same so i am not sure what i can do.
    My lawyer say they won't accept my experience with my current employer. Is that normal? I am starting to think that my lawyer forgot to add my 7 years experience to the application.
    I am desesperate. Does someone have advise? I was thinking in consultong another lawyer...
    It is pretty common for USCIS to seek past experience and job duties proof, but it all depends how the future based job, for which GC is being requested, is filed.

You need to consult another lawyer too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

So looks like my former employer closed in 2011. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by sensei80 View Post
        So looks like my former employer closed in 2011. Any suggestions?
        You can get signed letters from former colleagues. Preferably on their letter heads.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

As the previous responder suggested... get a notarized experience letter from previous manager or coworker whereever they are working now.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Does the job require 1 year of experience? If so that experience must be gained before your joined the current employer. Don't you have a lawyer handling these things? They should have told you.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X