Employer change after I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer change after I140

Recently I got my I140 approved. Have been working with my present employer for 2 yrs and need to look for a change. Please let me know if its advisable to change employer after I140 approval. Also, what documents do I need to provide in future to show evidence of priority date!!

Is employer willing to continue the I140 even if you resign?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is employer willing to continue the I140 even if you resign?

Not sure about that. Whats the difference if he does or doesn't? Please explain

Comment

How long have you been on H1?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          How long have you been on H1?
          Have 3 more months

Comment

Yes but the new eployer will have to start "new" GC process all over. H1 can be extended with approved I-140 with the previous employer.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Same question here

My PERM just came through and they will start on my I-140 now. I understand I need to wait for my I-140 to get approved in order to have my PD locked down. I also understand if I change jobs after that, the new employer will have to go thru PERM and I-140 again but I retain my PD provided my current employer allows me to keep my approved I-140. The question I want to ask is how long one should wait between I-140 and a job change? I have heard a period of 6 months... But is that a requirement? Or just a goodwill gesture? I don't suppose this would be same as AC21 portability because in that case 6 months is mandatory. I need to know this because there should be enough time before my H1B's 2nd term expires for the new employer to process my PERM and I-140 again.

Can somebody who has been through this process reply? Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X