Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PERM approved, I140 to be filed. When can I switch jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM approved, I140 to be filed. When can I switch jobs?

Hello,
    My PERM filed by my employer just got approved. It was filed in Aug 2014. They will be filing for my I140 soon. I am currently in my 6th year of H1B which ends in Sept '15.

I wanted to know when can I switch jobs after my I140 is approved in order to use the AC21 portability rule (to avoid loosing my priority date) or avoid any consequences if my current employer revokes the I140. I read some articles on it , but I am not clear. It seems I can change after 180 days after I140 is approved. I wanted to make sure are the 180 days to be counted from the date of I140 approval or from the I140 filing date?

Any other quirks I need to keep in mind when switching jobs?

Thank you

can somebody please help me with this query

Comment

Originally posted by cipher20 View Post
      Hello,
      My PERM filed by my employer just got approved. It was filed in Aug 2014. They will be filing for my I140 soon. I am currently in my 6th year of H1B which ends in Sept '15.

I wanted to know when can I switch jobs after my I140 is approved in order to use the AC21 portability rule (to avoid loosing my priority date) or avoid any consequences if my current employer revokes the I140. I read some articles on it , but I am not clear. It seems I can change after 180 days after I140 is approved. I wanted to make sure are the 180 days to be counted from the date of I140 approval or from the I140 filing date?

Any other quirks I need to keep in mind when switching jobs?

Thank you

im also in same stage. i have 3 months left . can i file my i140 jus within 3 month left for h1b to expire. all 6 years used. with preminuim processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X