Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long will i wait before my I140 petition gets approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long will i wait before my I140 petition gets approved?

Last edited by ajgimena; 04-10-2006, 03:00 AM.

Go here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/js...d=c-J-fMDp7K97

Then choose your service center (vermont) and see in the table I-140 schedule A. You have about 6 or less months to wait.
    Last edited by Boyan; 01-20-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I140 approvals

I140 approval generally takes 3 months time, if there is no RFE. If you are lucky (as USCIS has no general rule when to approve or not) it happens in one month. In my case it took just 3 months at VSC in EB2, NIW.
      Good luck, if you believe in god, Pray for help.

Comment

in about 4.5 months or less

Comment

I was so lucky, my I-140 was approved less than a month at TSC. I applied it on 1/10/2006 and got approval on 1/30/2006.

Comment

Any special circumstances for rapid approval?

Below, TKGA, you stated that you were very lucky in getting your I-140 approved very quickly--without a 4-5 month wait. Do you have any special circumstances that might have allowed you to get your I-140 approved so quickly? Are you from an "other" country from which there are few immigrants so they might have been able to approve you quickly? Are you working in a special area where there are so few Americans working in this area that your I-140 might have been quickly approved? Thank you. You may reply to me privately if you wish rather than posting your reply here: [email protected] . Jim
            Last edited by jwhsfo; 02-20-2006, 07:18 PM. Reason: I should have used "below" rather than "above"

Comment

Issue below resolved

You, tkga, applied at the Texas Service Center (TSC) where there are fewer I-140 applications (or more employees) and they are 4 months ahead of the California Service Center in processing I-140s. In fact, the Texas Service Center is the fastest Center in the USA. The next fastest is the Nebraska Service Center and then the Vermont Service Center. The California Service Center is the slowest. The issue is probably related to the number of employees vs the number of applications--the fewer the number of employees or the greater the number of applications, the slower the Center. Clearly, California is the slowest and we'll not be told why this is. One can speculate endlessly on why this might be true. I have my own hypothesis but it is only a hypothesis so I won't post it here. Jim

Comment

>jwhsfo,
                I do not have any special circumstances and not working in a special area.
                I'm in EB3 category.

Comment

processing centers

I am really new here,I became a member today and I am trying to understand more about GC process.I want to ask you when and who will decide what center your application will be distributed???I don't know how it works!Please,give me an aswer!!! It depends on the area where you live?I am from Virginia!Thank you!

Comment

how long will CA process I-140?

HI Guys:
                    any idea how long does it take for CA processing center for I-140 approval? I have been waiting for half a year, and it is always in June 16. are they working at all?

Comment

Can I change my job and submit I-485 once I-140 got approval?

Hi,

I have some questions about I-140 and I-485. I am filing under EB3 through PERM and the priority date for EB3 is May 2001. My questions are:

1. If my I-140 got approval, can I submit I-485 right away or I have to wait until the priority date is current? If I have to wait until the priority date is current, does it mean I have to wait around 4 years since I submitted my labor cert on May 2005?

2. Can I change my current job once my 1-140 got approval or I have to wait until I got my greencard?

3. Even the INS website states that EB3 now blacklog to May 2001, do you think the priority dates are different between different service centers?

Many Thanks!!!

Comment

Vermont Center Dates not Progressing

In the April 10 dates update I-140 was Sep17th 2005 and today in the April 20th update its still Sep 17th 2005. Is that common ?

Comment

Changing Employer while GC processing

Hi,

My H1 got approved but still I'm on OPT. My labour got approved too.
                          My client want to hire me as their employer.
                          Can I change my employer (My Client)? If yes is there any thing I need to make sure.

Please advise me.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lifenspring View Post
                            Hi,

My H1 got approved but still I'm on OPT. My labour got approved too.
                            My client want to hire me as their employer.
                            Can I change my employer (My Client)? If yes is there any thing I need to make sure.

Please advise me.

Thank you.
                            What did you decide to wake up a thread from 2006????

You can change employer but you need to start all over for your labor.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X