H1-B transfer option during the field switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B transfer option during the field switch

I work as a Mechanical Engineer, obtained M.S degree in Mechanical Engineering in US as well as Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engg. in India. I am on renewed H1-B Visa ( Valid until 2018 Sep) and I will be finishing my 6 years of H1-B validity on Sep ’18. However, I have my I-140 approved (Green card process) this year from the current employer. I am planning to pursue part time MBA (May 2017-May2019) and switch the field after graduation. By the time I finish my MBA I would have finished my 6 years of H1-B and I would have got extension for 3 more years as I have I-140 approved. Please could you answer the following questions:

1. Will I be able to switch the field(job at new employer with new role based on MBA) at that point since I my extended H1 would be based on the current employer I-140?
    2. If yes, does H1 transfer be affected?
    3. Should I reapply for my PERM, I-140 and get a new priority date? Or does the old priority date still apply though there is change of field and job?

I would be grateful if anyone can answer my questions. My decisions are in abeyance right now due to lack of information for the listed questions. I would appreciate your help/feedback.

Thanks and regards,
    KR

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X