Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 foia

Experts,
    I believe you would have come across this question a biziilion times on this forum. After reading through some , I still dont have a clear picture/understanding of it.
    Same story told again. Here is my situation,
    1) I have an approved I-140 with PD in mid 2012
    2) I recently got an H1 extension through my current employer.

Now, I have an offer yet to be discussed for a full time oppurtunity. I understand the need to transfer my H1B to the new employer. But my question is mainly about my I140 and porting my priority Date. I did see some post about porting through AC21 but for that i believe you require your PERM documents.

In my case, I dont know my I-140 receipt number nor my Alien #. My current employers states and i quote " Its an application by the company and so i dont have the rights to hold that document". I am pretty sure a pretty handful of the members here would have seen this scenario.

Now, even to apply through FOIA i would need these info. Let me tell you what i have now with me in regards to this situation
    1) Approved LCA for Permanent Employment Certification
    2) A mail from UCIS with attached document notifying about my Case number and priority date in it.

Now with these information in hand, what further steps can i take to initiate my transfer.

Originally posted by newmemberq View Post
    Experts,
    I believe you would have come across this question a biziilion times on this forum. After reading through some , I still dont have a clear picture/understanding of it.
    Same story told again. Here is my situation,
    1) I have an approved I-140 with PD in mid 2012
    2) I recently got an H1 extension through my current employer.

Now, I have an offer yet to be discussed for a full time oppurtunity. I understand the need to transfer my H1B to the new employer. But my question is mainly about my I140 and porting my priority Date. I did see some post about porting through AC21 but for that i believe you require your PERM documents.

In my case, I dont know my I-140 receipt number nor my Alien #. My current employers states and i quote " Its an application by the company and so i dont have the rights to hold that document". I am pretty sure a pretty handful of the members here would have seen this scenario.

Now, even to apply through FOIA i would need these info. Let me tell you what i have now with me in regards to this situation
    1) Approved LCA for Permanent Employment Certification
    2) A mail from UCIS with attached document notifying about my Case number and priority date in it.

Now with these information in hand, what further steps can i take to initiate my transfer.
    Even though it's has been a while since you posted the question, I am replying just in case it's useful for others. You can get your 1-40 petition through foia without your a-numbers or petition number.
    You can get it if you have your latest i-94 number. also, if you have had h1b extended after approved 140, your h1 will have your a-number

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X