EB1C, I-140 and I-485 (AOS) under process - layoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1C, I-140 and I-485 (AOS) under process - layoff

Working on L-1A, filed I-140 (PD Sep'17) and I-485 in Oct'17, both are under process. EAD is not received yet. There is budget cut and possible layoff.
    In case of layoff before I-140 approval - Will the GC process come to an end?

If GC processing continues, is there a way to maintain the status until GC is processed?

If EAD is approved by layoff - can one do other jobs until GC is processed?

Thank you

Originally posted by sippy070 View Post
    Working on L-1A, filed I-140 (PD Sep'17) and I-485 in Oct'17, both are under process. EAD is not received yet. There is budget cut and possible layoff.
    In case of layoff before I-140 approval - Will the GC process come to an end?

If GC processing continues, is there a way to maintain the status until GC is processed?

If EAD is approved by layoff - can one do other jobs until GC is processed?

Thank you
    If the sponsoring employer withdraws the petition or ceases to exist, the GC process would come to a halt.
    You can technically work, but your GC might be declined, since by laying you off, the sponsoring employer declared that they do not intend to employ you, which was the rationale behind the GC petition in the first place. Hence, USCIS would have no reason to grant you a GC.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X