Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

same I-140 receipt number for both my wife and I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same I-140 receipt number for both my wife and I?

hello! I was checking my old documents and saw a letter my company's attorney had written to California Service Center. In it, the attorney says that "Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker was approve on his behalf on <date> pursuant to INA <number> with a priority date of <date>(LIN-12-345-67890)" Since I don't have the actual !-140 approval notice with me, this is the only reference to it. However, when I checked my wife's documents, she had the exact same letter with the exact same line with the exact same number. Is it possible? Both our applications were submitted together, we have the same employer, same end dates for H1B etc. But we have never had the same receipt number before

Originally posted by sureshs234 View Post
    hello! I was checking my old documents and saw a letter my company's attorney had written to California Service Center. In it, the attorney says that "Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker was approve on his behalf on <date> pursuant to INA <number> with a priority date of <date>(LIN-12-345-67890)" Since I don't have the actual !-140 approval notice with me, this is the only reference to it. However, when I checked my wife's documents, she had the exact same letter with the exact same line with the exact same number. Is it possible? Both our applications were submitted together, we have the same employer, same end dates for H1B etc. But we have never had the same receipt number before
    There is only one I-140 filed for you. There is no separate I-140 for your wife or children. When you are able to immigrate, the spouse and under-21 children you have at that time will be able to immigrate as your derivative beneficiaries.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X