Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 and I-485 are pending for more then 180 days - port employment

Hi all,

it seems I am not able to find the information regarding following scenario:

1. I-140 & I-485 is pending for more than 180 days.
    2. At this point it is possible to use AC21 to port employment to Company B (if salary, job description etc are appropriate), and USCIS will examine the case and check whether I-140 would have been approved if it was adjudicated within 180 days.

Now, what if at that moment Company A decides to revoke I-140?
    I mean, is it important that one ports employment to Company B and requests adjudication without Company A knowing it so Company A doesn't have time to react and revoke I-140?
    It is a bit confusing scenario, and it sounds sneaky. Any comments on this, please?

Originally posted by mirekti View Post
    Hi all,

2. At this point it is possible to use AC21 to port employment to Company B (if salary, job description etc are appropriate), and USCIS will examine the case and check whether I-140 would have been approved if it was adjudicated within 180 days.

I mean, is it important that one ports employment to Company B and requests adjudication without Company A knowing it so Company A doesn't have time to react and revoke I-140?
    It is a bit confusing scenario, and it sounds sneaky. Any comments on this, please?

Yes, it is possible to use AC21 to port pending I-140 to new employer. But, it has 2 risks.
    Risk #1 - If the your current employer revokes I-140, then you cannot work for the new employer
    Risk #2 - If you get an RFE for I-140, the current employer needs to respond. Since you would have left their company, I highly doubt that they would respond to RFE.
    Note - This is a suggestion and not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mirekti View Post
      Hi all,

As I understand it, Company A withdrawing the I-140 after your I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days doesn't revoke your I-140. Your I-140 and I-485 continues adjudicating, and USCIS might ask you to submit a Supplement J, which will be filled out by Company B to confirm that you are working in a similar job.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X