can I-140 be filed without help of attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I-140 be filed without help of attorney

My company has no prior experience with H1 and GC process. We hired an attorney(on my recommendation) who helped us file the online perm labor and I got the perm so now I have approved labor, Now attorney is asking for more money than was originally discussed over phone so owner of my company says either I should pay for it or he has no interest, he;s stingy too.
    Please guide me

1.Can I-140 be filled by me or my company directly without attorney's help ( my boss will sign it, that should not be a problem)
    Is it too risky without attorney or simply can't be done without attorney.

2. What kind of paperwork/supporting evidence from company is needed. My company is only willing to give Federal tax return papers. Will that be enough or will we be headed for trouble and RFE queries.

All answers are highly appreaciated, even smallest ffedback would be helpful.

If attorney is kind of must, can you recommend any NJ based attorney.

I hope this will answer your inquiries about I 140...

U.S. Immigration - Application Filing Instructions - USCIS, Dept. of State, US immigration, Visas

I believe you can do it on your own, although having an immigration lawyer help you can ease up some loads (except on your pocket!). But as long as you file all the necessary documents (form, etc) you will be good. And if you have any questions, you can consult an immigration lawyer for a minimum fee (if such thing exist! SHARKS!).

Just read the link above and you'll find information on them.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X