Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Help in filing I-140: case of a College Professor

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help in filing I-140: case of a College Professor

    I am a community college professor. I have master's degree from abroad (with proof of US equivalency) plus ABD from the US(PhD Dissertation not submitted).
    My college filed labor certification under 'special recruitment' category. My labor certification is approved.
    Now I am in need of your kind help in the following questions:

    1. What else would the employer need to attach with the I-140 other than the approved labor certificate and my certificates/transcripts (with proof of equivalency).
    2. Which category would we need to mark out of the following two, in the I-140 form?
    a. A member of the professions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptionalability (who is NOT seeking a National Interest Waiver).
    b. A professional (at a minimum, possessing a bachelor's degree or a foreign degreeequivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree) or a skilled worker (requiring at least two years ofspecialized training or experience).

    Thank you so much,