Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualification for Eb1-C

Hi Team,

i have been in USA Since nov-2014 on L1-A. just got my L1-A renewed till Aug 2019. that makes it 4 years.

was thinking of applying for GC and came across this scary paragraph on one of the law firms website.

"You also need to keep in mind that, in order to qualify, you must have been employed with this company outside of the U.S. for at least one year in the three years leading up to your EB-1C petition. If you have spent the past 5 or 7 years working in the U.S. under L-1A status, you will not qualify for the EB-1C."

does this makes sense?

regards,
    Lakshmi

Originally posted by LakshmiShub View Post
    Hi Team,

i have been in USA Since nov-2014 on L1-A. just got my L1-A renewed till Aug 2019. that makes it 4 years.

was thinking of applying for GC and came across this scary paragraph on one of the law firms website.

"You also need to keep in mind that, in order to qualify, you must have been employed with this company outside of the U.S. for at least one year in the three years leading up to your EB-1C petition. If you have spent the past 5 or 7 years working in the U.S. under L-1A status, you will not qualify for the EB-1C."

does this makes sense?

regards,
    Lakshmi
    Nope. This is wrong info. USCIS guidelines stipulate that you should have been employed in an executive role with the petitioning employer for at least 1yr. in the 3 yrs. prior to entering the US on any visa status with the same employer.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X