Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I qualify for a EB2 to EB1C transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I qualify for a EB2 to EB1C transfer?

I am working in the USA on H1B visa with an approved I-140 (EB2 category). I am currently a manager for a team in the USA. My employer is sending me to Europe on a 1 year Expat assignment, as a Manager for a team of professionals. I will be working in Europe for the same company, but will be getting salary in USA/USD.
    Upon my return to USA, will I be eligible to transfer my GC petition from EB2 to EB1C category?

Originally posted by iamshreekrishna View Post
    I am working in the USA on H1B visa with an approved I-140 (EB2 category). I am currently a manager for a team in the USA. My employer is sending me to Europe on a 1 year Expat assignment, as a Manager for a team of professionals. I will be working in Europe for the same company, but will be getting salary in USA/USD.
    Upon my return to USA, will I be eligible to transfer my GC petition from EB2 to EB1C category?
    There is no transfer from EB2 to EB1. So, I am guessing your question is would you qualify for EB1C. That depends on your actual role. Simply managing a group of professional does not qualify for EB1C as laid out in the USCIS manual.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Appreciate your response.
      Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      I am guessing your question is would you qualify for EB1C.
      --> Yes this was my intent.

That depends on your actual role.
      --> The role would be a supervisory role, to hire and expand a team. I would be responsible for the team budget, and the team's annual goals.

The key point I am interested in is, if I am paid in USD but working in EU, and meet other requirements, would that qualify me for EB1C?

Comment

Originally posted by iamshreekrishna View Post
        Appreciate your response.
        --> Yes this was my intent.

--> The role would be a supervisory role, to hire and expand a team. I would be responsible for the team budget, and the team's annual goals.

The key point I am interested in is, if I am paid in USD but working in EU, and meet other requirements, would that qualify me for EB1C?
        So is the European entity a subsidiary of US entity?
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

So is the European entity a subsidiary of US entity?
          Yes it is.

Comment

Any update on if you qualified?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X