I-140 & I-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 & I-485

I have applied my I-140 recently and I do not require Labour certi.process.

My question:

It was my intention to apply I-140 & I-485 together.
    But my lawyer said, for Indian Quota, you can not apply I-140 & I-485 together.

First apply for I-140 and then if that date become current, you I-485 process will start.

Is that true?? How long generally it takes for I-485 after visa number available.

Appreciate feed-back.

that is true. u can go to http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visa-bulletin.jsp to check if your priority date is current. if it is then you can apply for the I-485

Comment

Originally posted by kashpants
      I have applied my I-140 recently and I do not require Labour certi.process.

My question:

It was my intention to apply I-140 & I-485 together.
      But my lawyer said, for Indian Quota, you can not apply I-140 & I-485 together.

First apply for I-140 and then if that date become current, you I-485 process will start.

Is that true?? How long generally it takes for I-485 after visa number available.

Appreciate feed-back.

If you dont require Labor certification process, then you must be in the EB1
      1st category for multinational executives, extraordinary talent researchers etc.
      If I look at the status for Indian national, its current, it means you can file for I-485.
      Just double check with your lawyer which category you are in.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X