I-140 Approved. What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Approved. What next?

I applied I-140 alone on July 17, 2006 at Nebraska, in the NIW cat.
    It got approved in Aug 17, 2006, I got email few days back saying it has been approved.
    I can not believe it,
    What to do next?
    Can i apply for I-485 now or wait for processing dates?
    As I heard that one can file I-140 and I485 concurrently, why should I wait for processing dates?

recently a friend of mine, he got GC in a year after filing concurrently.
    Your suggestions are welcome

Thanks

depends on which category you filed the labor under. If you filed under EB3 category, then you would need to wait approximately 5 years to file your 485.
    The current priority date for EB3 is April 2001. Eb2 Im not sure but I think its somewhere in 2002. So if you filed under EB2 then you would need to wait 4 years to file 485.

Comment

Originally posted by leifbooger
      depends on which category you filed the labor under. If you filed under EB3 category, then you would need to wait approximately 5 years to file your 485.
      The current priority date for EB3 is April 2001. Eb2 Im not sure but I think its somewhere in 2002. So if you filed under EB2 then you would need to wait 4 years to file 485.
      I filed under EB2 category.
      Under new directives from USCIS, one can file concurrently, or file separately ( one after another after you receive receipt notice) without waiting for priority date to become current. Is it true?

A friend of mine who filed I-140 and I485 concurrently under EB-1 cat,
      he received GC in 10 months.

Comment

I don't think it is true.

Comment

I140 is getting back logged.

one of my friend applied in Jul 2006 and he saying it got backlogged and currently they are processing Apr 2006 for I140... Is this guying telling the truth

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X