Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB3 to EB2 - Company letter with out skill set information

Hi

I filed my Labor under EB3 category on July 2006 and it got approved after 3 weeks, but due to some discrepancy in my job profile (labor application form) I have refilled my labor on Sep 2006 (with the correct information in the Labor application form) using the same job profile that my company advertised. Right now my labor cert is still under pending status. Meanwhile upon labor approval I am thinking to apply I-140 under EB2 category as I have BS plus more than 6 year of progressive professional experience (excluding the present experience with the current employer).

I already verified and confirmed that I am eligible for the EB2 category with all other information like position, salary, etc... but only thing is in few of my prior employer documents skill set was not mentioned, therefore I just wondering how will I tackle this issue.

Here is my questions:

Shall I prepare a letter on my own stating my name, destination, start date, end date, roles and responsibility and very importantly skill set used for prior employers as a supportive document and submit it along with the official documents (Appointment Letter & Resignation Letter) that I received from my prior employers when filling I-140 under EB2 category?

Alternatively shall I get a letter from my former colleagues stating that I worked in the past with him\her with the skill set information?

Does above two option need to be in the company letter head? or Can it be in a normal letter pad?

Kindly provide me an detail information on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks in advance!.

Attorney please help!.

I read many thread in this forum which says that if experience letter is unavailable, the regulations do permit the submission of two affidavits from coworkers that would have reason to know of your work, as well as a self affidavit explaining why one could not obtain an experience letter on company letter, signed by a company representative.

Here is my questions:

Is it mandatory to have 2 affidavits from coworkers? Can 1 affidavit from coworker serve the purpose?
    Does the affidavit from coworker would need to be in their current company letter? Can it be in the normal letter?

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

EB3 to EB2

Originally posted by cute55sg
      Hi

I filed my Labor under EB3 category on July 2006 and it got approved after 3 weeks, but due to some discrepancy in my job profile (labor application form) I have refilled my labor on Sep 2006 (with the correct information in the Labor application form) using the same job profile that my company advertised. Right now my labor cert is still under pending status. Meanwhile upon labor approval I am thinking to apply I-140 under EB2 category as I have BS plus more than 6 year of progressive professional experience (excluding the present experience with the current employer).

I already verified and confirmed that I am eligible for the EB2 category with all other information like position, salary, etc... but only thing is in few of my prior employer documents skill set was not mentioned, therefore I just wondering how will I tackle this issue.

Here is my questions:

Shall I prepare a letter on my own stating my name, destination, start date, end date, roles and responsibility and very importantly skill set used for prior employers as a supportive document and submit it along with the official documents (Appointment Letter & Resignation Letter) that I received from my prior employers when filling I-140 under EB2 category?

Alternatively shall I get a letter from my former colleagues stating that I worked in the past with him\her with the skill set information?

Does above two option need to be in the company letter head? or Can it be in a normal letter pad?

Kindly provide me an detail information on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks in advance!.
      Disclaimer: I am no expert. I am myself trying to figure out how this works...
      But I have been told that the EB2 Vs. EB3 categorization is dependant on the job requirements on the Labor application and NOT your status. Obviously, if I qualify only for EB3 based on education/experience, there is no way the job requirement for EB2 would go through.
      But, if I have MS and/or BS+5 yrs experience, I still might not be eligible for EB2 if the job description was designed for EB3

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X