Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestion on I-140

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Could you please help me out about this query !!!! I will really appreciate your thoughts ...I had been applied my 1-140 on May,2007 but I-140 has not APPROVED. Recently I got my EAD week ago, Is that OK to work for any company withOUT approval of I-140 or I have to work for 6 months in existing company, then switch over to any company..Please advise me …

Thanking you ..

Hi
    I got my workpermit I 140 pending. My laywer said to apply for the social security numberer. Which I did. It is ok to work. Make sure if they ask( USCIS) any evindence for 1 140 to give it to uscis. Always renue your workpermit. Asfar as I know when 1 140 & ! 485 pending you can renew your workpermit.

Comment

Do I have to work 6 months with existing employer in which I had filed my Green card. One of my friend told me that, after I-140 is approved, we have to work 6 months, then I can switch over to another company by using EAD. Please let me know advise on this one whoever knows this one. I really appreciate your time. Thanks and regards,

Comment

the rule allows prtability of I-485 across employers, if I-140 is approved and 180 days have passed since filing I-485. The rule prevents revoking an approved I-140. so it clearly depends on approved I-140. You can go ahaead and change earlier if the eployer is on good terms and you trust him to keep the process going.

Comment

Police clearance certificate from UAE

I am presently in Mumbai and got 1-140 number. The US embassy in Mumbai is asking for the police clearance certificate from UAE where I had worked for 11 years. But Dubai police is not issuing one because the applicant has to be present personally in the UAE. Anybody had such expereince? What is the other option I have?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X