Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent I-1485 , I-140 RFE

Hi,

This is my first time posting. I am a bit confused on how to proceed further. Our employer has applied for concurrent GC for both my wife and I. We also had our biometrics done on 11.Sep.2007. I was all happy that our case in is I-485 stage that that my lawyer says we have an RFE on our I-140. The reason : Form not properly submitted. Our lawyer checked the form and everything was perfectly filled out. Now i have the following questions :

1. Has it happened to anyone ?
    2. If the form was so correctly filled, then why the RFE ?
    3. My LUD on I-485 is 04.Nov.2007 and it says CASE Pending.
    4. The checks are yet to be cleared.
    5. does this mean that i have to file GC all over again ?
    6. Anything i can do in the meantime.

Your answers are more than appreciated.

I-140 RFE's are common, let the lawyer reply just keen an eye on everything. There might be some mistake in the form, or an attchment that was missed in the packet or misplaced at USCIS (it happens). There is no rejection yet only RFE so just wait it out and see what happens.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply. The lawyer has sent the package back with an explanation that all the details are correct. I understand that the I-485 will not be touched unless the I-140 issue has been resolved. Its just very frustrating. Luckily i am with a very good employer and a very good immigration attorney. So i guess its back to waiting. Thank again for the response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X