Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to unravel this knot started with I-140

Hi there everyone,

I found this board with my sisters while searching for some immi help. Our question is somewhat...grand...so any help on a particular part of it is still welcome. Any little bit of advice is appreciated. Also, this main question does have to do with an I-140 but may develop into a launching point for I-130 (if this venue doesn't give anything.)

Okay, so our mom came here with our eldest sister (now 23) after our dad back in 1985 Oct. She knew nothing about immigration laws much less how she was going to survive being diagnosed in '86 with cervical cancer and me on the way. (No worries, she is totally healed from cancer and I am, although shortchanged in height from premature delivery, just fine.) She took a job offer in Florida in '89 for live in elderly care and papers were filed for her.

Now, me and my sisters knew little to nothing about all this, heck, we all thought our big sister was born here like us until she was in highschool and the whole deal with driving and working came to play. A few years back we did find an old blue paper in our mom's stuff from then INS saying:
    'the above petition has been approved. We have sent it to the Dept of State Immigration Visa Processing Center....This completes all INS action on this petition.'
    So since being a bunch of highschoolers till now as young adults we've been trying to find as much info to help our parents and our sis. We sent a letter back in '05 to the Visa Center and they responded with:

'....The NVC has completed its process of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the US Embassy or Consulate General listed below for further processing. All correspondence concerning your petition has been sent to you in care of your attorney of record. You should contact your attorney concerning the present status of your case. The NVC received notification of the beneficiary's intent to adjust in the United States. The NVC does not process adjustment of status cases...'
    We've been stuck at this point since. I don't know if that means her paper work went back to her home country or her old lawyer has them. Our mom says she hasn't spoken to him in years and she owes him money anyway (she also mentioned that he said nothing further could be done after seeing this paper). Would there be a way to get further information or the paper work without that lawyer? And big question, can this petition still be processed?

In addition to all this (whew!), our mom had a petition filed on her and our sis's behalf before April '01 by her sister (our aunt who is a naturalized citizen). AND in addition to that, I turned 21 in August so....yeah...there's now that avenue. We really would like to know if anything, and I mean anything can be worked from our mom's old I-140 as our eldest sister would be a beneficiary under that and grandfather rules instead of a longer wait for mom and dad to become a pr to citizen before petitioning for her.

Guys (and gals) thanks for any help whatsoever. It's been a grand roller coaster that none of us wanted to be on and would like very much to get off in one piece after so many years of not knowing what to do at all. Thanks in advance and from me, my sisters and whole family, God bless and thanks again.

Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.

Do you have copy of your I 130 petion filed in your behalf.

Do you have I 130 approval notice from USCIS. It states your Priority Date.

If yo have all those papers , yoiu can trace out all other documents very easily.

Some papers may have sent to your attorney too, pay any dues to him get all the papers first.

Originally posted by wednesday
    Hi there everyone,

I found this board with my sisters while searching for some immi help. Our question is somewhat...grand...so any help on a particular part of it is still welcome. Any little bit of advice is appreciated. Also, this main question does have to do with an I-140 but may develop into a launching point for I-130 (if this venue doesn't give anything.)

Okay, so our mom came here with our eldest sister (now 23) after our dad back in 1985 Oct. She knew nothing about immigration laws much less how she was going to survive being diagnosed in '86 with cervical cancer and me on the way. (No worries, she is totally healed from cancer and I am, although shortchanged in height from premature delivery, just fine.) She took a job offer in Florida in '89 for live in elderly care and papers were filed for her.

Now, me and my sisters knew little to nothing about all this, heck, we all thought our big sister was born here like us until she was in highschool and the whole deal with driving and working came to play. A few years back we did find an old blue paper in our mom's stuff from then INS saying:

So since being a bunch of highschoolers till now as young adults we've been trying to find as much info to help our parents and our sis. We sent a letter back in '05 to the Visa Center and they responded with:

We've been stuck at this point since. I don't know if that means her paper work went back to her home country or her old lawyer has them. Our mom says she hasn't spoken to him in years and she owes him money anyway (she also mentioned that he said nothing further could be done after seeing this paper). Would there be a way to get further information or the paper work without that lawyer? And big question, can this petition still be processed?

In addition to all this (whew!), our mom had a petition filed on her and our sis's behalf before April '01 by her sister (our aunt who is a naturalized citizen). AND in addition to that, I turned 21 in August so....yeah...there's now that avenue. We really would like to know if anything, and I mean anything can be worked from our mom's old I-140 as our eldest sister would be a beneficiary under that and grandfather rules instead of a longer wait for mom and dad to become a pr to citizen before petitioning for her.

Guys (and gals) thanks for any help whatsoever. It's been a grand roller coaster that none of us wanted to be on and would like very much to get off in one piece after so many years of not knowing what to do at all. Thanks in advance and from me, my sisters and whole family, God bless and thanks again.

Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday.

Comment

Thanks for answering back!

My main concern was for the I-140...

I have access to my mom's blue approved I-140 notice of action (form I-797), I'd have to check with her if she would have a copy of the original petition receipt.

I also have a copy of the I-130 receipts (telling us the office received the applications) for my mom and sister filed by my aunt (a naturalized citizen).

Comment

Another question:

The letter says the NVC is finished processing (didn't say when) and sent the petition to her home embassy for further processing. Can we write a letter or call the embassy to notify of a change of address (as the letter mentioned to do)? Do you think they will send the paperwork back to us and CIS can adjust from there?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X