I-140 Rejected / I-485 Pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Rejected / I-485 Pending

Can someone please advice on what the text below means. Does it mean that my GC has been cancelled ? I have applied for I140 and I485 concurrently and my wife and i have completed our finger printing.

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case Rejected

On September 21, 2007, we determined that this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was not properly filed, rejected it, and mailed it back to you with all supporting materials along with a notice describing the reasons the case was rejected. The notice will also describe what will need to be done to properly submit the case.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 19, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Please help me in understanding where i stand and what i should do. Many thanks in advacne.

your I-140 has been rejected so the I-485 would be as well eventually along with EAD and AP.

there might be a way to appeal fix the mistakes cited work closely with the lawyer.

Comment

This was filed concurrently. My wife and i have already given our fingerprints. What will happen to them and what should my lawyer do. I would like to know the steps before i approach the lawyer.

Many thanks

Comment

Either your attorney may messed up, most of the cases original Labor Certification are not attacehd. Find out the reason for rejection first.

Originally posted by princity
        This was filed concurrently. My wife and i have already given our fingerprints. What will happen to them and what should my lawyer do. I would like to know the steps before i approach the lawyer.

Many thanks

Comment

I-140 Rejected / I-485 Pending

when did you come to know your i-140 was rejected . on the same day or
          september 27th or uscis was late in informing the decision to you .

which month did you file your case

Thanks
          Anil

Comment

Risk Of Entry

Hi,
            Im a foreign nurse licensed in the US, filed an i-140, left the states due to retrogression(i was only in my visitor's visa). My QUESTION is: Is it okay to fly back to the US once the retrogression is lifted so that my lawyer can file for i-485? Can I go back to the US even if my last visit hasn't lasted for a year yet? will there be a problem at the port of entry, like sending me back home? will they know if i have the intention of changing my status?
            thanks,
            ijoan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X