Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 applying

Hi,

I had my perm labor certified a month ago, and now my employer is applying for I-140 next week. But, I am traveling outside US later this week for a 2 week vacation. So, I want to know whether it is OK to apply for I-140 while I am not physically present in US.

Thanks,
    Mav

yes it is ok, in fact it could be filed een if you were never in usa

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

One more question. Currently I am unmarried, but getting married a week after today. And, my spouse would accompany me back to US on a H4 in the first week of March. So, is it better to wait to file I-140 until she gets here and include her name too. Or does it matter if I apply I-140 rightnow and include spouse later, once she comes to US.

Thanks,
      Mav

Comment

it does not matter either way

Comment

help Mr. Waitin toolong

Hi senior,

The PD for EB3 seems to be 2001. So if I apply for GC this summer 2008, visa number would be available only after, may be 2020? I am just confused about PD.

And also EB2 is Unavailable? For how long and what is its meaning?

Appreciate your reply.

Comment

No one knows when the PD will be current.

PD as you know is priority date. Since there are limited number of immigrant visas available in a year, further complicated by per country quotas. If demand fas exceeds the supply the dates move back. IF USCIS/DOL feels there are enough numbers they move forward. you need to follow the visa bulletin.

you can apply for I-140 antime but I-485 can be applied for only when your PD is current. Even if you are able to file I-485 your application cannot be approved till the PD is current

PD is defined as the date you filed your labor or for non-labor I-140s the date your zI-140 was approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X