Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

I-140 applying

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • maverick_usa_india
    Member
    • Sep 2005
    • 20

    #1

    I-140 applying

    Hi,

    I had my perm labor certified a month ago, and now my employer is applying for I-140 next week. But, I am traveling outside US later this week for a 2 week vacation. So, I want to know whether it is OK to apply for I-140 while I am not physically present in US.

    Thanks,
    Mav
  • waitin_toolong
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 1297

    #2
    yes it is ok, in fact it could be filed een if you were never in usa

    Comment

    • maverick_usa_india
      Member
      • Sep 2005
      • 20

      #3
      Thanks for the reply.

      One more question. Currently I am unmarried, but getting married a week after today. And, my spouse would accompany me back to US on a H4 in the first week of March. So, is it better to wait to file I-140 until she gets here and include her name too. Or does it matter if I apply I-140 rightnow and include spouse later, once she comes to US.

      Thanks,
      Mav

      Comment

      • waitin_toolong
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 1297

        #4
        it does not matter either way

        Comment

        • novice2007
          Member
          • May 2007
          • 167

          #5
          help Mr. Waitin toolong

          Hi senior,

          The PD for EB3 seems to be 2001. So if I apply for GC this summer 2008, visa number would be available only after, may be 2020? I am just confused about PD.

          And also EB2 is Unavailable? For how long and what is its meaning?

          Appreciate your reply.

          Comment

          • waitin_toolong
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2006
            • 1297

            #6
            No one knows when the PD will be current.

            PD as you know is priority date. Since there are limited number of immigrant visas available in a year, further complicated by per country quotas. If demand fas exceeds the supply the dates move back. IF USCIS/DOL feels there are enough numbers they move forward. you need to follow the visa bulletin.

            you can apply for I-140 antime but I-485 can be applied for only when your PD is current. Even if you are able to file I-485 your application cannot be approved till the PD is current

            PD is defined as the date you filed your labor or for non-labor I-140s the date your zI-140 was approved.

            Comment

            {{modal[0].title}}

            X

            {{modal[0].content}}

            {{promo.content}}

            Working...