Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 receipt number not available

Hello all,

As you might expect, I have filed for my I-485 during the big rush last year and received my EAD. My I-140 has been filed in Nov, 2006 after my labor has been approved. Now, I am thinking about changing employers using the AC21 provision. However, before I do that I want to be sure about my I-140 being approved. My employer is refusing to provide me with even the receipt notice let alone the approval notice (if one exists) citing that it is a company document and I don't need to know about it. I realize that it will be a bitter fight if I continue this route with my employer.

Did anyone have any success in retrieving this information by calling the USCIS help desk at 800-375-5283? Will they be willing to provide me with a receipt number based on my I-94 number? Please let me know. I want this process to be as amicable as possible.

Thanks in advance,
    -vk4t

Labor Certification and I-140 not available

Hi Champs,

I have similar query regarding employment change.
    I have have 485 receipts and EAD and I have received this before (180+ days). My current employer had told me that my labor certification and I-140 is approved though I don't have the copies in hand.
    1. Can I change employment without having the copy of Labor approval and I-140 in my hand?
    2. If employer is not willing to share labor certification approval and I-140, does it mean that I'm locked with the current employer only?
    3.Can I legally obtain these 2 documents from employer?

Please advise
    Thanks.

Comment

anyupdate

did any of you know if we can get copy Labour & I140 from USCIS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X