decision on I-140 and I-485 concurently filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decision on I-140 and I-485 concurently filling

I have applyed for I-140 and I-485 concurently(july visa).I have been waiting for a decision more than 180 days now .Does applying for I-140 and I-485 concurntly means that decision will be concurently also (in same time) or decision will be separetly.
    Thanks
    Zidan

Originally posted by zidan
    I have applyed for I-140 and I-485 concurently(july visa).I have been waiting for a decision more than 180 days now .Does applying for I-140 and I-485 concurntly means that decision will be concurently also (in same time) or decision will be separetly.
    Thanks
    Zidan
    Concurrent filing does NOT mean that both with be approved the same time. I-140 will most likely be the first one if your PD is not current.
    Last edited by DMX17; 04-04-2008, 11:07 AM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Decision for I140 and I485 need not be concurrent. I140 has to be approved first and then I485 when PD is current.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

to DMX17

Originally posted by DMX17
        Concurrent filing does NOT mean that both with be approved the same time. I-140 will most likely be the first one if your PD is not current.
        You said:I-140 will most likely approved first if your PD is not curent.
        My PD is curent .Is this mean I-140 will NOT be first,wich means it will be together with I-485(same time).

Comment

Originally posted by zidan
          You said:I-140 will most likely approved first if your PD is not curent.
          My PD is curent .Is this mean I-140 will NOT be first,wich means it will be together with I-485(same time).
          In general, the I-140 has to be approved before the I-485 approval, concurrent or not does not matter.

I don't understand why you are so concerned about which approval comes first. You are not done till the I-485 is approved.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!
          http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X