Green Card - Company shows loss in returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card - Company shows loss in returns

I am working for a company under H1B. The company has consistently showed losses in its IRS returns year after year. Can this company sponsor me Green Card under employment if it pays me salary and files taxes as determined by DOL under Prevailing Wage Determination from State Workforce Agency.

Will be a tough one for the I140 to get approved from such a company especially if it is a small consulting company. Are they falsely showing losses? Which company would operate for so long under loss?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Most Companies show reduced incomes or even losses in tax returns due to tax deduction elections and the fact that taxes is based on a cash basis rather than the accrual basis (used for financial statements)

Should this be the case for your company, any good tax accountant will be able to prove that the company is in fact profitable by pointing out the special deductions and elections taken by the company.
      Last edited by SFimm; 05-07-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X