Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we retain I-140, if we change the employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we retain I-140, if we change the employer?

Hi Friends,

I got I-140 recently, Is that possible to retain my I-140 in case if i change my employer? Mean i have another 3 yrs valid H1B visa, in case if i change my employer on H1B, Can i still be able retain my I-140? OR Do i need to apply for fresh labour/I-140 with new employer? please write to me.

Actually i got my EAD, But i am not using the EAD for now. I would like renew my H1B, since i am single and not possible to bring dependents in case if i renew my EAD.

That is the reason .. I have few questions about the I-140. Please let me know.

Ofcourse i dont have any plans of changing the current employer right now.But i just want to know this info for future plans.

Thanks
    Friend

You are not clear in your post. On the first read of your post, the answer was No, you need a new labor/140 but can still retain the old labor PD.

But then you mention about EAD which I assume was from a 485. If the 485 was pending for more than 180 days, you can use AC21 and switch employers in the same/similar job category.

You can switch by means of H1 transfer and still use AC21 for the adjustment of status. There is no need for one to use EAD.

When you post, mention all the facts clearly for the forum to evaluate and provide the proper answer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can we retain I-140, if we change the employer?

I applied for I-140 & I-485 simultaneously.

Both 140 & 485 got approved.

Still i have another 3 yrs valid H1B extn. I spoke to the attorney about the extn Renewal of VISA & Renewal of 485.

I am single right now..if i get married and want to bring the spouse to here as dependent then i have to be on H1B VISA. Since I am not using the EAD (485) , Attorney suggested me not to renew the I-485 for now, and asked me to Renew (APPLY) H1B Extn for the second term. So that i can bring my spouse as dependent (on H4) to here ..

??
      Thats why , since I got my I-140 approved, and not renewing the I-485, if i change my employer on H1B VISA, Can i still retain my I-140? This is my question ??

ofcourse dont have any plans of changing employer for now. Dont know much about the Rules and laws ..that is why its better to know the rules ..thats why i am looking for the info here.

please email me [email protected] , I can talk to u on phone for more details

Thanks

Comment

Can i retain my I-140 AFTER CHANGING THE EMPLOYER?

Hi Friends,

I got I-140 recently, Is that possible to retain my I-140 in case if i change my employer? Mean i have another 3 yrs valid H1B visa, in case if i change my employer on H1B, Can i still be able retain my I-140? OR Do i need to apply for fresh labour/I-140 with new employer? please write to me.

Actually i got my EAD, But i am not using the EAD for now. I would like renew my H1B, since i am single and not possible to bring dependents in case if i renew my EAD.

That is the reason .. I have few questions about the I-140. Please let me know.

Since i already got my I-140, Do i need to live here in USA for applying the I-485? or can i apply I-485 from India? I heard that there is a provision to apply I-485 from India also? please let me know about this too..

Ofcourse i dont have any plans of changing the current employer right now.But i just want to know this info for future plans.

Thanks
        Friend

Originally posted by txh1b
        You are not clear in your post. On the first read of your post, the answer was No, you need a new labor/140 but can still retain the old labor PD.

But then you mention about EAD which I assume was from a 485. If the 485 was pending for more than 180 days, you can use AC21 and switch employers in the same/similar job category.

You can switch by means of H1 transfer and still use AC21 for the adjustment of status. There is no need for one to use EAD.

When you post, mention all the facts clearly for the forum to evaluate and provide the proper answer.

Comment

If your 485 got approved, you are no longer in any non-immigrant status like H1b. What you say doesn't make sense.

Your future wife has to either get a family based petition with a long wait or you need to wait till you become a citizen to get married.

Your plan of not using EAD etc eill not work as your 485 is approved. You really need to understand the immigration process and do more research.

What does renewing a 485 mean? There is no such thing as 485 renewal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I think you are referring to EAD as I485. Your post in its entirety is confusing as you have got all the terms mixed up.

I485 is NOT EAD

Comment

Applying 485 while living in India ..

Thanks ..yeah I got it

I know nothing about the whole process.. thanks for the info..

I need to know about applying 485 living in India.. Is that possible?

Thanks

Originally posted by txh1b
              I think you are referring to EAD as I485. Your post in its entirety is confusing as you have got all the terms mixed up.

I485 is NOT EAD

Comment

APplying for I485 is possible from anywhere. But the time it takes is the issue.

If you know nothing about the process, may I suggest that you read through the immihelp main page and educate yourself about it. It will help you in the long run.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X