Change Your Address with USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Your Address with USCIS

Hi i am leaving in california state and moving from san deigo to san francisco and during my stay in san deigo i have filed my labour which got approved and subsequently filed my I-140(i am in H1 and my wife H4 who lives with me here in US). I have mention my wifes detail while filing I140, now the question is

1.) Do i need to report my change of address to USCIS since i am moving from san deigo to san francisco city but which is within the california state?
    2.) If yes then which is the best way to notify USCIS through Post or through Online?
    3.) If it is online do i need to file 2 times for me and my wife or just only 1 time.
    4.) Does my change of address is anything to do with my wife's detail since i mention her name in I140.
    5.) If yes to question 4, do i need to file my wife details in the change of address online as i did in step 3 for myself.

Any input is welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by milf; 06-13-2008, 06:16 PM.

1. Not for the I140 as that belongs to the employer. But for yourself and H4 holder, AR11 is needed.
    2. AR11 online is fine.
    3. I think AR11 goes by each individual. Haven't done it recently, so not sure.
    4. No, each person has to file AR11. No linkages.
    5. File one for her separately.

Each alien is supposed to update the latest address with-in 10 days of the move as per the law.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X