Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uregnt - h1b - 7th yr extension

Hi:
    I came to USA in june end '98 and my 6 yrs ended on june 2004. I have been out of USA couple of times.
    During my 6 yrs h1b term, i got a new h1b and moved to new employer. I got my new h1b till april 2005 and i have my visa also stamped till that time and my I94 is also till that time. I have my labor cleared and will be applying for 140.

I havent filed for 7th yr extension till now thinking that my new H1B is valid and my visa is valid too.

Do i need to file for the 7th yr ext? or should i file it in jan 2005.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

7th year

I am in the same boat as U are in.
    Since Ur I-94 is valid till April 2005 .. I think you do not need a 7th year extension.

As soon as U file for green card U will get EAD in approx 90 days time.

I am on the edge like my H1b and I-94 expires Oct 2004. I am collecting docs to be file I-140. My lawyer said that we can think of extension in September if my EAD does not come thru.

Since we are both filing for I-140 .. it can be helful to be in touch .. my email address : [email protected]
    Thanks
    Kiran Math

Comment

Re: 7th year

i am in similar situation with expiring H1B. will apply for I140. will EAD protect me from going out of status when my H1 B expires. should I apply for h1 Extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X