big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problem

I got my I140 approval after 3 year finally(after refusing from ins than appealed to aao and approved). I'm on h-4 canadian landed immigrant. now my employer filed aos for me, but here is a problem I have worked for two years for another company other than h-1 sponsor.(extra work)
    I heard working for any other firm other than h-1 sponosor is illegal, and if some one filled aos and did not mention in 485 , ins can find out and is a big problem.
    I do not wht to do I'm married with 4 kids very upset.
    pl: help me wht to do. how ins can find out my other job. I know some doctors who were on j or h visa worked moonlighting and part time jobs other than sponsors, got approved aos.
    thanks

Re: big problem

Yup, working for anybody else other than the H1 employer is illegal.
    That means you are out of status. Any I-485 has to be denied if the applicant was out of status (the only loophole right now is 245(k), which only works if the applicant was out of status for less than 180 days.)
    Since you were out of status for 2 years (the duration you worked illegally), you can't leave the country and do Consular processing either, because leaving the country triggers a 10-year ban.
    In the I-485, did you lie about this? Then, you are in even more trouble. That would be hiding a material fact, and can get you deported. And they will find out eventually.
    You are in big trouble and should talk to a good immigration lawyer ASAP!

Comment

Re: big problem

What if you work part-time for non-US company and their operation is outside of USA, while you are in USA working for your sponsoring company?

Comment

how did you get your I-140 approved? did you apply for motion to re-open or for an appeal only? how long did it take for the appeal to be approved, what happen, how do they work? how long after they approved the appeal you got your i -140 approved? i am into something simmilar. I applied for motion to reopen. i wonder how long it will take me and how many chances i have.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X