Lost Orginal Labor approval..will it be problem for I 140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Orginal Labor approval..will it be problem for I 140

Company Lost my original Labor approval. Will there be a problem of I 140 applied with the copy of it. Would my I 140 approval get delayed ???

Re: Lost Orginal Labor approval..will it be problem for I 14

Hi my friend,

Same here. It wont be a problem if your company has the copy of Labor Certification from DOL.

If not, it will be a big problem.!!

What happened in my case is that: my company lost original Labor certification. My attorney sent a letter to DOL (department of labor) requesting them to send a duplicate copy.
    DOL inturn sent us a letter telling that 'DOL cannot issue duplicate copy as it is against DOL's rule, but you can attach this letter while filing I140 -- if INS request the copy of labor certification , DOL will send the copy to INS directly'.

We have attached the letter from DOL and filed my I140. We got an RFE (Request for evidence) from INS. The RFE explains the following:
    'we (INS) requested a copy of labor certification from DOL, please allow additional 120 days to process your case'.

I waited for 4 months, 5 months, 6 months....so on. Till today, my I140 is pending.

When we inquired with DOL last month (October,2001) to make sure that they have sent my certification to INS, they said they have indeed sent the certification to INS in September of 2001 itself.

Now my I140 is sitting in the officer's desk(According to INS).

I dont know how much long will it take for INS to clear my I140 as it has been over 1 year since I applied.

Suggestion: FILE A NEW LABOR CERTIFICATION AND START THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN. IF YOUR COMPANY GETS THE SAME LETTER AS MINE, DO NOT FILE I140 WITH THE LETTER AS IT WILL TAKE FOR EVER TO PROCESS. I AM SUGGESTING THIS BECUASE I WENT THROUGH SO MUCH OF PAIN.. AND STILL WAITING FOR MY I140.

Comment

Lost original labour

My I140 is using Substitution.I got an RFE requesting original labour which we do not have.We replied saying that we lost it.

Hope yours is also like my case.Did your I140 got approved so far or not. If it is not going to get approved i will start again GC process freshly.

Reply with your comments like when did you get your I140 approved and any RFE again.

Thanks in advance
      Srini

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X