Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved/I- 485 pending/Marraige in near future

Hello ,

This is my current status, my I - 140 is approved with a priority date of FEB 2007 . My I -1485 is pending and has a receipt date of AUG 16th , 2007 .
    MY wedding is planned in FEB 2009. I
    I wanted to know if I go to India and get a court marriage done sometime later this year, can I use the marriage certificate and add my spouse to my I- 485 application which is still pending.
    The reason being, the INS is expediting on I- 485 processing and mine is an EB2 category so I never know if FEB 07 can become current before my marriage in Feb 09 .

I really need good advice from anyone as this is a matter of concern for me and more for family ppl in India.

Looking forward for any responsed.

Thanks in advance.

Pre-pone the actual religious marriage as the AOS applicant has to be in the US to be added as a derivative to get your PD.

Just a registered marrige might have issues with the VO giving a H4 visa but not impossible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X