Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CP in I-140 Do I need to be married Before I file for I-140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP in I-140 Do I need to be married Before I file for I-140?

Hi guys,

I need help here. My labour is aproved and I am filing for I-140 and I wants to go for CP. Rigth now I am signle but will be getting married in couple of months. Question is Should I have to be married to include my wife in CP , before I file for I-140. Or I can include her name after I gets my I-140 aproved and fil up packet 3 forms.

Second one , whats involved if I decide to go for I-485 from CP , once I have my I-140 aproved.

Third one , I have 3 year bechlor degree in Arts and 18 months diploma in computers and then work experience more than 7 years, in this case is CP is feasible for me or not ?

Any information will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rajiv.

CP in I-140 Do I need to be married Before I file for I-140?

Not Legal Advice:

1)Or I can include her name after I gets my I-140 aproved and fil up packet 3 forms?

Yes. You can just put her name on Packet III forms after I-140 is approved. I put my wifes name in even after the consulate sent me Packet IV and had no problems.

2)Whats involved if I decide to go for I-485 from CP , once I have my I-140 aproved?

You file the I-485. INS will do the rest. Nothing special is required.

3)I have 3 year bechlor degree in Arts and 18 months diploma in computers and then work experience more than 7 years, in this case is CP is feasible for me or not?

Who cares? If you have an approved Labor Cert and I-140 the Consular Officer only needs to check your eligibility for a Visa. That means he needs to find out if

a - You are a criminal
    b - you have a job offer
    c - you are healthy.

The work experience and education matters during the LC and I-140 phase. The fact that the INS approved your case is enough to satisfy the Consulate and they are under strict orders not to seccond guess the INS's decision. After all if you wern't qualified you wouldn't be doing CP (or AOS) in the first place.

Once they get satisfactory proof regarding a,b and c above they will issue your Visa.

Comment

Re: CP in I-140 Do I need to be married Before I file for I-

Hi Kw177,

Thanks lot for the info.. Appreciated...

Thanks again.

Rajiv.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X