Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

No marriage certificate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No marriage certificate

    Both my husband and I are in the US on an H1B visa.
    We got married in December 2001. We did not get a
    marriage certificate after the wedding. Now my
    husband's LC has come and he will file for I-140. To
    add my name to the application as a dependent - is
    there any alternative to the marriage certificate.

  • #2
    No marriage certificate

    Not Legal Advice:

    If you were married in the US you can go to the nearest office of Clerk Of The Court in the county where the marriage took place and ask for instructions on how to obtain a certificate. It doesn't matter to much at the I-I140 stage. You will definitely ned it for your I-485/Consulate interview though.