Reusing P.D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reusing P.D

I completed labor and I140 stages of green card process in EB3 category (P.D is Dec 1997) with Company A.
    I would like to file in EB2 category with Company B as future employment . I would like reuse my priority
    date of EB3 category for EB2.

My question is, To be able to reuse the p.d, when should I have to submit my approved I140 document in
    EB2 process. Is it at labor/I140/I485 time? Priority date is assigned at the labor stage. So, I guess I
    need to submit approved I140 document at the time of filing for labor. Please correct/suggest me the
    right time.

Thanks very much in advance and I appreciate your
    responses.

Regards

At time of labor and at time of I-140 and at time of I-485/CP.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Reusing P.D

Many Thanks for your reply to my question. You advised me to submit my approved I140 document at labor, I140 and I1485/CP times for reusing P.D.

My Lawyer says that we need to apply at the time I140 but not at Labor time. I am not able to convince him. Is there any document that you can point to me so that I can show the same to my lawyer. I tried my best looking at INS websites for this information. Please guide me in this issue.

I am worried that if I don't submit at labor time, I may loose the chance of reusing P.D.

Regards

Comment

I don't have any official document for this.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Do you need the ORIGINAL of the approved LC and the ORIGINAL of the approved I-140 to be given to the new company before they start the LC process?

I have copies and procuring originals might be a hassle?

thanks

Comment

Any clues on what documents (originals or copies) need to be submitted to reuse a priority date?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X