I-140 EB1 Extraordinary Ability approved in 2 mos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 EB1 Extraordinary Ability approved in 2 mos

I recently (last week) got my I-140 EB1 petition approved at CSC. BTW, it took only about 2 months for the I-140 to be approved. The process seems to have been put on a fast-track. Probably thats why there are higher chances of goof ups:
    In the I-140 form I had requested that Adjustment of Status will be filed. I did not request Consular Processing, yet the approval notice says that: "..The petition has been approved and sent to Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. The NVC will then forward the approval petition to that consulate.." Also, At the top of the notice the consulate mentioned is Chennai. My questions are:
    1) How come the INS assigned CP to me when I did not even request it?
    2) How come they decided on Chennai consulate? I had not given any India address on the form or attached documents and my home address in India is actually near Delhi.
    3) Can I still request the INS to correct this problem or is it too late for INS to do anything? They state on the notice that questions should be directed to NVC and that I should allow 90 days before doing so.
    I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
    AOStoCPtoAOS

question on your EB1

Hi:
    question for you. Did you apply for your self or do you have your employer sponsoring NIW for the EB1? What have been the basis for extraordinary ability, if I can ask?
    Thanks

Comment

question on your EB1

You can self-petition for EB1-Extraordinary ability or NIW. I prepared and filed the application myself. The only thing you would need from your employer is a good and detailed letter explaining their business and your

Comment

question on your EB1

You can self-petition for EB1-Extraordinary ability or NIW. I prepared and filed the application myself. The only thing you would need from your employer is a good and detailed letter explaining their business and your "extraordinary" role in the organization. I included the following evidence:

1) Ph.D. degree
        2) 3-years US experience
        3) International scholarship
        4) Lesser known national awards
        5) Memberships of professional organizations
        6) 5 reference letters
        7) Letter from employer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}