Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Approved (Is it CP or AOS?)

Hi Folks,

My I-140 got approved recently. On the Approval Notice it mentions Consulate: Mumbai.

For filing I used the older I-140 Application form
    (Rev Dec 1991) instead of I-140 (Rev Dec 1998) . This older form did not have column for AOS or CP.

Can I still apply for AOS? Or Is This decision commanded by the National Visa Center (NVC) ? Please advise...
    What should I do to apply for AOS ( My PD is May 6,1997 and current PD is May 1, 1997)

You can also write directly to me at [email protected]

Regards,
    Anil

CP or AOS

YOUR case is CP but if you wish you can file for AOS. CP will be Fast for you in Bombay.

Comment

This is for Raman

Fast means how fast. Some people take as much as 3 months to get an interview. With new law, 485 guys are free 181 days after filing for AOS.

Can you please share some information and throe some light?

Comment

CP

By going for CP you will be able to get your GC stamping in maximum 6 months from the date your I-140 was approved. regarding the I-485(AOS) and leaving the employer after 180 days, the law has been passed but INS has not still given the proper guidelines.with 145 you will get your GC in 1-2 years. this point of time CP is better for you If I have been you I would have gone for CP .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X