I-140 and priority dates confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 and priority dates confusion

Hi, My company has filed my I-140 Oct, 2000. I haven't heard anything from them and I assumed that this was because my priority date was not current. The lawyer said that my PD is also in Oct, 2000. This is under EB-2 RIR.

Can someone please explain to me about the various dates that other posters talk about like notification date, receipt date etc. I want to get more info before I talk to my lawyer again.

Thank you
    Sundar

Re.I-140 and priority dates confusion

Your priority Date is the Date when your LC was filed. Filing of 140 is different issue. You have to wait for you priority dates to be current to apply I-485 and not I-140. I-140 clearence has nothing to do with PD. Your I-140 should have been cleared till this time. Check with your attorney what service centre it is applied to , call the service centre with your reiept #

Comment

I see. The I-140 has been filed in VSC. Also I'm taking the CP route. I'm not in direct contact with the attorney, but rather through HR. Is it enough to ask for the receipt #?

Thanks

Comment

Vermont is going kind of slow but it should not take long any more. Talk to your HR and get the copy of I-140 Notice. You will get all the information on that. It should not be a problem getting Copy of notice from your HR.

Comment

Re: Re.I-140 and priority dates confusion

what is copy of notice? Is it something like receipt saying that you applied. When do company receives this notice?

Thanks
          simmi99

Comment

Re: Re.I-140 and priority dates confusion

Usually, you receive the receipt in a week of so after you filed your I-140 application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X