I140 TRANSFER POSSIBLE OR NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 TRANSFER POSSIBLE OR NOT

I am working in North Carolina with a H1 B visa as a contractor. My company is in New York and is processing my green card (EB2 category ). My Labor certification is cleared and I140 petition has been filed on December 21st 2000. My client company in NC is offering me to join as permanent employee . Due to current market situations the NC company is cutting down on contractors.

If I join this company, will I be able to continue my green card processing from I140 or I485 (in case I140 gets cleared) . Kindly please let me know whether it is possible to transfer my GC processing from the current stage i.e. I140, without having to start the GC all over again

Ur Green card processing is possible If Ur old company(who filed ur labor & I-140) files Ur I-485 with saying that They will be absorbing U after getting green card.
    hey there is a good discussion board in immigration.com. There U can get more information if u post it there.

Comment

New employer

If the co. in NC is willing to apply for GC, you can still use the PD from your old co. in NY (if the I-140 is approved and they provide the documents).

You still need to apply for LC and 140 from the NC co., but the PD can be used from NY co. (this will save time when applying for 485 if the PDs are not current).

Comment

I140 Transfer

Hi , I'm facing a bit similiar sitiuation now. I'm working for an employer A. I have completed 6 years with H1B. My I-140 has been cleared and based on that I have extended my H1B for another 3 years beyond 6 years.

At this stage, my company is ramping down the team and have asked me to search for a job. If I get a job with a new employer B, can I transfer my I-140 with the same Priority date (2008) which I have now?

Is there any risk involved in I-140 transfer?

Please reply. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X