Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to proceed for filing of I-140

Dear Gurus !

I hope you would help me understand the AC I-140 process. I'm applying for I-140 next week. What I understand from viewing the details about CP from Immihelp site that there are 3 ways

1) Apply for I-140 and mention that you want CP from your H1-B visa issuing consulate. Fast and simple process.

2) Apply I-140 and later ask Attorney that you want to go for CP and he will submit an I-824. I-824 will go with approval to NVC and later NVC will approve I-824 and send all documents to your designated Consulate. Lengthy process

3) Third option is only available for consulates who accept Attorney Certified (AC I-140). Luckily, my consulate accept AC.

My question is which option will save my time (1) or (3). In my opinion (3) is fastest and simplest ?

Hope you will advise me about I-140 filing to save time. Also, if (3) is the right way then should I need to advise my Attorney to file for AC I-140 ?

Thanks and take care guys, Koala

I would advise you to go with (1).
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for your advise, Immihelp.

By the way, what is the difference between options (1) and (3). Who should use option (3). Just curious !!!

Comment

(3) is for people who did not mention consular processing while filing I-140. To change from AOS to CP, you have to file I-824 unless consulate accepts AC I-140. AC I-140 may or may not be accepted at any given time. It keeps changing. AC I-140 is a favor consulate is doing and is not guaranteed all the time that you can take that path. So instead of filing I-824, you may go with AC I-140, if you have no choice because you said AOS in I-140 application.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It's clear now. Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X