Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 got approved, How long will it take for me to get to I-485

Hi

I just got my I-140 petition approved on of Sep 30, 2008. I am from India who came to US on F1 then changed my status to H1 and now working in New Jersey. Can any one tell me how much time will it take for my case to go to I-485 stage as I have to plan my marriage accordingly.

Thanks

No one can tell without knowing your PD.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If your asking about Priority Date (PD) then its November 2, 2007 (as written on my I-140 Petition approval). I apologize I am a novice to GC processing.

Comment

Look at the EB category of yours and the current PD here and do some reading on the GC process.

It seems quite a long way away. But you never know when DOS will make a mistake in their bulletin and accept 100k applications again.

It is a bad idea to plan your marriage based on your GC. Get married if you find the right person.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Will surely get married soon. Will post again if there is anything I do not understand. Thanks a lot for the info. Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X