Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I get old I140 receipt#

Hi

My case is little confused but hope I get some help here...

I applied for GC in 2003 from comp A under EB3 and for some reason I had to leave that company and joined comp B in 2005. From comp B I applied for GC under EB2 (in 2005)....labor and I140 got cleared...some clashes with it and so I went back to company A and continued with GC process that was applied in 2003. Now from comp A, my I140 got approved...My lawyer says I can use EB2 from comp B and upgrade current process from EB3 to EB2 If I have I140 receipt notice from comp B. But I do not have any infomation from comp B on my I140 from them.

My question is:

1) How can I obtain my I140 details from comp B without contacting them.

Hi Immigurus, please help......

Comment

I140 is company B's petition and they need not share anything with you. You can use the receipt number to reference the old labor PD from B. The attorney can handle it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thnkyou txh1b, the problem is I do not have that receipt#. How can I get that number? I paid the fee for 140....don't I have right to know it?

Thanks,
        S

Comment

Nothing much you can do. Research into FOIA.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X