Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I140 transfer. Issue with employer. Please HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 transfer. Issue with employer. Please HELP!!!

I had my Labor and I140 approved with company A. I have been with this desi employer for around 3 years. Now I got a job with a firm who said they can transfer my I140 and apply for GC.

I have asked company A to give a copy of my Labor and I140 so that the company B can use the content(job description) in the PERM to match accordingly and submit for my I140 transfer. Company A is denying me a copy saying its their company policy not to give a copy of PERM or I140 to employee.

Please help me what alternatives do I have?

Company B cannot transfer your I140 but have to rather file for a new labor and once approved, a new I140 and recapture your PD from the approval notice of the I140 of company A. The role/job description need not match. All you need is an approval notice/copy of I797 for your I140 approval.

Did you already apply for your 485?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply TXH1B. I haven't applied for 485 yet. I have my I797A original which is my H1 doc. To use the old PD, do I not need a copy of approval notice for I140/Perm?

All I have is LIN number for I140 and case number for PERM. Is that sufficient? My employer will not give me any copy.

Comment

A copy of approval is needed for PD recap. Try FOIA with the receipt number.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

I have the similar situation...

so, with the above response ,during H1 transfer to employer B, I will have to get the approval doc of PERM/ and I140 , so that employer B can re-capture my PD .. is it right ?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
          KB

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X