Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 Problem?

Dear Friends

I have my particular case to present to you all so that i can get your opinions based on your experiences and understanding.

I entered US in the 2nd week of Feb, 2006, through Employer A on H1B. I switched to Employer B in the same year and worked with him the whole of 2007.
    Then in March 2007, i transferred my H1B to employer C. Just for your information all 3 employers (A, B and also the current C)are Indian consulting small (100 consultant employees or so).

Now my I797 (H1B) of Employer C is valid till 4th week of Feb, 2010.I am currently working on a project with an end client (with a vendor company in the middle between the end client and my employer).This project is slotted to go through Oct end or max till 2nd week of Nov, 2009.

I have my PERM labour approved (for Employer C) i last week of April, 2009 and currently my I140 has been filed (Employer C) with Notice Date being June 16,2009.

I want to apply for H1B Renewal as early as possible, the earliest i have heard that one can apply is 6 months prior (so in my case i can apply for extension in last week of August, 2009 since my current I797(H1B) is valid till last week of Feb 2010)

My questions are these, kindly answer them per your understanding:
    1. I I want to apply for H1B Renewal as early as possible especially because nowadays USCIS is asking for client letters, SOW and all other documents, my project being till October end 2009, so if i apply in August 2009 last week, there are good chances that if i get a RFE (say in a month) atleast i can show USCIS the client contract papers and all stuff. But my I140 is pending, and i have heard that i will get 3 years of H1B time if i apply after I140 approval, do i wait for I140 approval (which might get approved even after my project ends and then i will be in trouble)
    Is it better to wait and take risk for I140 approval so that i will get one more year (since 3 years on I140 approval means i will get from Feb 2010 to Feb 2013) whereas if i do prior to I140 approval i will get only remaining 2 years (i entered US in Feb 2006 so i have time till Feb 2012)

2. Since i have H1B time till Feb last week 2010 (prior to requiring to get renewal done) looking from the economic trend, recession, would it be beneficial not to apply for renewal in August end 2009 but wait till (say January next year 2010) hoping that economy mite improve and USCIS might become a little more relaxed (because i am hearing a lot of H1B renewal rejections are happening nowadays). But if i apply in January 2010, i might not be having a project. so which risk is better to take?

3. If RFE comes in September 2009 end and i show them SOW and client contract only till Oct 2009, then how long will USCIS grant me H1B time

4. Suppose my H1B renewal is denied (say on Nov 15, 2009) but on my original I797 i have time till feb 2010, can i stay in US and work till Feb 2010?I

If you are so concerned, go with PP by paying $1000 extra and you can know the result in 10 days. This will give you some sleep rather than be tensed about the renewal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X