Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting Priority Dates

Hello,
    I'm currently working on EAD with a priority date of March 2005 (EB3). I have found a new employer who is willing to file EB2. I don't have the approval copy of the 140 from the employer. However, I do have the LIN#. What documents are needed to establish portability of the priority dates?

The lawyer working on your second I140 has to include a letter requesting the use of the earlier PD. You need to have the copy of the I140 or the receipt number to claim the nebefit. The problem with the receipt number is you do not know if it really belongs to you or what the PD is on the I140.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

My current lawyer has told me what the priority date is. Since 140 is a company document, they cannot send that to me without the employer's approval which they aren't going to do. The lawyers also confirmed that the labor was filed for me and it was not a substitution. So would the LIN# and the known priority date from the current lawyer work?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X