X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 Question

Dear friends,
    I am a little confused.
    My company had filed for labor. The labor got approved the day I was laid off. The company however supported the 140 and now my I140 just got approved. I am still between jobs, and am now planning to change to a different field than what the petition says.

Would I be still able to use my I140 approval or will it have to be a waste ?
    Kindly advise. Any help is appreciated. Is there any way if I can use my old PD, with the new employer/new field of occupation ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

You can still use the old PD. However, the new employer has to start from scratch for Labor and I140. Recapture of the older PD requires a copy of the I140 approval from old employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the immediate response. I would like to reconfirm if what I understood is right.
      I should be able to take up a new job, in a new field of occupation, have the new employer start my GC process from Labor, and eventually capture the old PD .. This is possible ? The reason I am asking is because someone mentioned to me that if I need to use the same I140, the new job needs to be in a related or similar field of occupation.
      I am possibly moving from Electronics to IT.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X