Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-140 approved but old employer office shutdown - how does it affect H1 extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved but old employer office shutdown - how does it affect H1 extension?

Hi,

As per my knowledge, I can get H-1B extension for 3 years using an approved I-140 from my previous employer. However, the branch office of my previous employer(where my i-140 was approved) was shutdown. The employer is still in business at other locations in US though.

Is it still possible for my current employer to use the i-140 approval in order to get me a 3 year extension?

Thanks!

It is tricky. Your employer must show that all jobs available at the location from where the I140 was filed are still available on a permanent basis.

If an office has closed, it is arguable that all jobs at that location have vanished into thin air unless your labor explicitly states "Various Locations" and/or "Relocation May be required".

Talk to your attorney. It needs further analysis of documents.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

How would USCIS know that the old office location of my old employer has shutdown?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X